This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Sunday, October 2, 2011

Life in Six Words



Yesterday's library trip yielded a wonderful find, a small book filled with six word memoirs called, I Can't Keep My Own Secrets:Six Word Memoirs edited by Smith Magazine.  The intro of the book mentions a story told about Ernest Hemingway.  Hemingway was said to be challenged to write a novel in six words.  He returned with "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."

After reading a few of the memoirs in this tiny book with over 600 authors contributions, I wanted to write my own six word memoir.  It was much harder than I expected.  I was also a lot of fun.  I dare you to try it.  Let me know what you come up with.

I came. I saw. I died.
It was a five dog life.
A Swanson brownie disguised as poo.
A drink of water was everything.
Tightrope walking over the hidden valley.
Slowly, Sister Mary Nobody rides again.
Quiet midnight moon watches me sleep.








No comments:

Post a Comment