This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Why Not?

Recently, Elizabeth Gilbert recommended the blog, Momastery.  Of course, I checked it out.  Loving it, I envied how well Glennon Doyle Melton writes.  For 3 days, it provided me an excuse not to write.  I gave up because I wasn't someone else.
Crazy?  Yes.  Not all my excuses are so illogical, however, I am an amazing author of excuses.  Maybe, it's time to look for reasons instead.  So, I did.

Carol's reasons to write:

In order to write, I have to write.  It's just like breathing.  It's what one does to stay alive, if you're so inclined  Holding my breath is not breathing.  All that effort to avoid the inevitable is futile.

I am not Glennon Doyle Melton or any other author I admire.   My life is uniquely mine.  Instead of finding reasons why I'm not good enough, I need to remember that the ONLY person I need to be better than is myself or the me I was 30 seconds ago.

I am interesting.  I honestly believe I'm one of the most interesting people I know.  In fact, I'm overly attached to my ideas and stories and I never tire of sharing them.

It's important to make time to do something I love.  Considering how much time I spend doing the things I have to do and don't enjoy,  if I can't make time for a little fun and enjoy what I'm doing, it's time to pack it all in.

I won't know what I can write if I don't give it a try.  Not every word or post is going to be good. It doesn't really matter.  Once in a while, I hit the mark.  The more I practice, the more I learn and the better I get.

Why not?  No, really.  why not?








No comments:

Post a Comment