This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Friday, September 16, 2011

Free the Write Way

I write better than I live.  My live is often chaotic.  I search for meaning but don't always find it.  I tumble through life doing a lot of things I don't want to do and few things that I want to do.    I try to pick up the pieces and make some thing out of them but most of the time all I have to show for my efforts is a pile of pieces.

Some of those pieces have jagged edges.  They cut into me as I hold them.  Some thing isn't right but I can't seem to figure out what's wrong.  The sense that something is wrong wraps around me.  I gasp for air as it squeezes me.  I am a trapped animal.  Nothing makes sense except my fear.  Fear is all I have.

And then, the words come.  They flow out on the page and release me from my trap.  They free me.  In them I see where I am headed and where I have been.  They tell me how I feel when I don't know.  Words carry me into redemption.  They soothe my soul.  They impose meaning and order where there had been none.  I owe them my life.

Words bring magic with them. 

I challenge you to think of your own story, your own life.  How would you capture it with words?  Begin to write about it, about you.  There, between the words, you will discover yourself...  the Write Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment