This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday March for Maturity

Recently, in a moment of self-awareness,  I realized that I was sprawled over the coach in a rather child-like position.  My inner critic chided me for "not being more  grown-up."

But exactly, what is grown up?  I know that we have an age to define the line between childhood and adulthood but we all know that "growing up" happens over an entire life time.  Inside most of us, still feel a much younger age than we are.  If you don't believe me, just start asking people, "What age are you on the inside?"
A recent informal poll discovered that most of us present chose an inner age between 12 and 18.

This topic of maturity has haunted me lately.  I'd been feeling like some how I'd managed not to "grow up."   So, I decided to figure out what maturity means to me.  I went straight to the Internet and searched "maturity".  Emotional intelligence caught my eye.

Here's a little test developed by Nick Arrizza MD   Just how grown-up are you?  According to Nick, I've got some growing to do.  I would agree.  I'm re-framing my disappointment with enthusiasm for something to work on.  I may not be completely grown-up but I can pretend, can't I?

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/180972


----------------------------------------------------------------
The Emotional Maturity Questionnaire

Please rate each item as outlined below according to your life experience.

Assign:
a "1" score each time you answer "Rarely",
a "0.5" score each time you answer "Sometimes", and
a "0" score each time you answer "Often"  to each item in the questionnaire.
Then add up your total EMQ score.


Questions:
1. I look to others to validate my decisions before I act on them.
2. I tend to follow rather lead others.
3. Taking responsibility frightens me and so I avoid it.
4. Being on my own makes me feel uncomfortable.
5. I rely on others to make me feel secure.
6. I tend to make snap decisions.
7. I rarely stop and think through what I'm going to do next.
8. I tend to make impulsive decisions.
9. I'm generally an anxious person.
10. I tend to worry a lot.
11. My mood is easily affected by what is taking place around me.
12. I am a moody person.
13. I've been told that I'm moody.
14. I tend to get angry or frustrated easily.
15. I'm not very successful with relationships.
16. My relationships tend to last only a short time.
17. My relationships are very turbulent.
18. I don't enjoy looking after children or pets.
19. My confidence level is low.
20. I have trouble speaking in public or to strangers I don't know.
21. I often feel like there is something wrong with me.
22. I indulge in feelings of self pity.
23. I tend to complain about how others have hurt me or made my life difficult.
24. I often blame my parents for how I am.
25. I dislike myself.
26. I'm afraid that being honest will make my life more difficult.
27. I tend to tell people what I think they want to hear and not what I feel.
28. I need others to approve of me for me to feel good about myself.
29. I'm afraid of rejection.
30. I'm afraid of disapproval.
31. I tend to turn to alcohol, drugs, cigarettes or something else to take away my emotional pain.
32. I have trouble opening up to others.
33. I have trouble feeling relaxed around others.
34. I fear others will think there's something wrong with me
35. I have trouble managing my money.
36. I neglect my health.
37. I tend to ignore my healthcare practitioner's advice.
39. I'm a loner.
40. I hate being alone.
------------------------------------------------------------
A total EMQ score of:
1. Greater than 30 is a sign of good emotional maturity.
2. Between 10 and 30 a sign that you will likely have some challenges ahead in your life if you fail to address the relevant issues.
3. Less than 10 is sign that you are going to run into significant trouble if you haven't already.
If you want support in improving your EMQ, your life and your chances of success then kindly visit the web link below where you can set up your introductory telephone consultation with me at no risk to you.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/180972






No comments:

Post a Comment