This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Friday, April 29, 2011

Enough about Me



Arriving at Friday, I realized that I'm really tired of writing about myself.  I'm too fascinated by the workings of my own mind.  Today, I had to listen to a substitute teacher talked about himself in much the same way as Catherine O'Hara does in this skit.  Within 30 seconds, he'd talked about cards, losing his mother as a child, being a former salesmen and teaching people to look others in the eye.  He lost me after 30 seconds.  He kept talking.  Getting away from him was my main objective.

Was I looking into a mirror  of myself?  It wasn't a pretty reflection.  So instead of droning on about some thing or another,  I'm going to poke a bit of fun at myself via this old SCTV skit.  Then, I'm going to spend some quality time with my family.   "Just 10, Here I come!"

No comments:

Post a Comment