This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Focus


On this wonderful hazy summer Wednesday, I went for a walk.  As I walked, I pondered how to focus my energy and thoughts in a meaningful way.  I wanted my words to be pithy and cogent.  Since every new idea or inspiration is a pretty butterfly begging to be chased, focusing and keeping on task is a skill I often do not possess.

And so, on this wonderful Wednesday walk, I decided to dedicate each day of the week to a specific topic or idea.  All these topics and ideas will be guided by the Just 10 guidelines (outlined on the right of this entry.)

Miscellaneous Monday
Topical Tuesday
Wordy Wednesday
Thinking Thursday (a shout out to cousins, Kim, Kamala and Kara for this theme. Great idea, cousins!)
Free Friday
Shimmering Saturday
Soothing Sunday.

As the week unfolds, I'll explain the theme for that day.

Today, Wordy Wednesday, is a day for sharing words.  Sometimes, I'll pick a couple of fun words that people may or may not know and provide a link to their definition.  Sometimes, I'll share some of my own creative word play and hopefully I'll be able to keep it within the shadow of the Just 10 idea.  

I'm notorious for not choosing my words wisely.  I also have moments when the right words find their way.  Finding the right words demands a certain openness and flexibility.   Most of the words we say in a day communicate information or instructions.  Words, while always limited can also be one of the most meaningful ways to connect with others.  Using words to build connection, celebrating words and having fun with them is the focus of my Wednesday entries. 

Wish me luck on this wild, wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment