This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Easy and Harder than You'd Think

When I devote 10 minutes to each person in my house, I feel so much more relaxed.

Today, during my son's ten minutes this morning, we snuggled under a blanket and he talked to me about school. I learned lots of new things about his day. One of the things I learned is that there is a boy named, Sergei, who calls him a geek.

Instead of offering advice, etc. I just listened. So far my Mr. A's coping strategy sounds like a good one. He simply avoids him and ignores him when any name calling starts. Making time to listen to him is going to be important if I'm going to stay apprised of any potential problems that may arise between my son and Sergei.

After our ten minutes, the bus came and a very calm boy left to begin his day. I started mine knowing that sometimes it's more important to do less and listen more.

No comments:

Post a Comment