This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Thursday, February 18, 2010

Organizing the Free Spirit

Since I've lived a good portion of my life bound to a schedule or "horarium" (the Latin word for schedule and the term used during my convent days) my spirit really resists binding itself to a daily schedule at home.

As fate would have it, I have a child who does best with predictability and is uncomfortable when he doesn't know what's happening next. As for myself, if I don't set a time to have just 10 with my family, it doesn't happen.

Starting tomorrow, I spend just 10 with my son before he goes to school in the morning and just 10 with my daughter as soon as she gets home. I'll also make myself sit down with my husband and work out the best time for his 10 minutes.

Since there would be no freedom without structure, it's time to anchor myself to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment