This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Saturday, June 12, 2010

Litany of the Parent

This morning I realized that I have a limited repetoire of refrains that fall out of my mouth when talking to my children during the non-Just 10 moments.  Here are the top 10:

Cut that out!
Stoppppp It!
Separate
No one says anything for 5 minutes.
Ok, that's enough!
You must finish your chores first.
Did you hear me?
What did I just say?

Lastly, my two favorite:

I'm sorry, I made a mistake.
I love you.

The last two help make up for the 8 refrains that preceded it.  What are your top ten refrains?

Remember to take good care of the world's children.  They are non-refundable and extremely valuable.

No comments:

Post a Comment