This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Friday, October 15, 2010

The Assignment

One of the assignments in Freshman English is to write a short story in 55 words or less.  It has to have a beginning, middle and end, at least two characters and a setting.  It also has to have a clear problem that is resolved at the end of the story and a clever title.  Not an easy assignment but a challenging one.  I decided to give it a try today. This is what I wrote.

The Last Laugh


Fog surrounds the beach, the body and the man.  Cold eyes scream, "Murderer."  No one hears.  The man laughs as he climbs into his car.  This wasn't his first but it was the sweetest. The sand in his shoes troubles him.  He forgets the road and finds the cliff.  Death swallows him whole and laughs.

I'm not 100 % sure I satisfied the two character requirement unless I can count Death or the dead body as a characters, which I do.   This wasn't easy for a woman as wordy as I but it was a lot of fun.  

2 comments: