This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Green Pastures Off the Grid

Since an unpaid bill stops our internet access and the unsecured wi-fi we were greedily using has been lost due to a neighbors move, I get to experience some time off the grid.  Well, at least in a manner of speaking. 

There is a big part of me that wants to give in to whining and bemoan my fate as one of the struggling working class but since pity parties are not oodles of fun, I'm determined to try something new.  I'm going to look for silver lining in this blustery rain cloud.  

I'm already ecstatic about losing our phone land line.  I really hate the telephone.  I've come to hate almost everything about it.  Not having it ring and make me feel guilty or freakish for hating this simple tool of technology, is a little slice of heaven.

As for not having internet access at home, this is actually a blessing in disguise.  Since the local library offers free wi-fi and so do lots of other public places,  I can stop by the library (one of my favorite places on earth) and check in with the world wide web but not have it take me away from my family when I could be spending time with them.  Having internet access at home offers a vehicle of escape that is often used and abused.  Do I really need to spend that much time playing Bubble Island?  No, I do not.

Honestly, as I think of it now, I could get used to this very quickly.  It would be wonderful not to have a  internet bill.  Now, if I can only convince my family that this seemingly "bad thing" is really a good thing in disguise.  Time to leave this hallowed library and spend some Just 10 time with the ones I love,  no computer, no telephone.  Who knows maybe I'll get really radical and try no TV.  Life is sweet.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your positive spin on things. There are always ways to make things work. And absolutely, life is sweet.

    ReplyDelete