This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Saturday, November 27, 2010

Word Resurrection

To break the monotony and to keep my readers guessing,  I'm posting another one of those super short stories I wrote during my personal short story challenge. (Stories of 55 words or less.)


Word Resurrection

In 2065, words can kill you. 
Undercover Language Enforcement Officers are everywhere. 
No questions, no evidence, the thrill of the kill excites them. 
Their eyes and ears are everywhere. 
They watch me now.
Downstairs my door shatters. 
I offer myself on an altar of words. 
Bullets tear life from me. 
I am free at last. 
Words are my resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment