This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Friday, March 19, 2010

Change

Most people have something in their lives they'd like to change and often that something is something about themselves.  Just 10 is a great idea and you'd think that I'd be so committed to it that I'd never forget to make the time in any given day.  Wrong.

Change is often a challenge.  It would be easy for me to get discouraged and give up when I find that I've failed to make time for my family's Just 10.  Fortunately, I read a book about weight loss recently that said that one of the biggest problems is focusing on how we failed and not on how and when we succeeded.  It all comes back to that focus thing again.

Just 10 is a great idea and I don't always get to it but I'm not giving up.  I'm confident that as I continue to renew my commitment especially, after a day when I completely forgot to do it, it will get easier.  It will become a habit.  Ultimately, I hope to spend more of every day in a Just 10 frame of mind and the only way to get there is to practice by getting back up each time I fail.   There are always a lot of failures behind every great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment