This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Monday, March 29, 2010

Walk and Talk

I try and avoid multi-tasking when giving the Just 10 but yesterday I decided to try and incorporate a Walk and Talk and get my son outside so we could both air out our minds.  While I wouldn't recommend a Walk and Talk for deep or heavy conversations, yesterday's Walk and Talk was exactly what we both needed.

Both of us got some exercise, despite the rain.  The tension that had built over the rainy afternoon when we all we stuck inside together, disappeared.  My son asked me if he had to be positive during the Just 10 as well.  I told him I think that would be a great idea.  It was an idea he readily accepted without the whining that, up to then, had been almost constant that day.  Our Just 10 quickly became a "Just 20" but neither of us minded and we were both a little sad that it ended so soon.

Each day that I devote to getting in my family's Just 10 is a good day.  The positive time we spend together often lasts much longer than the 10 minutes allotted.  Yesterday, before our walk, I was dreading the rainy spring break that loomed ahead.  After our Just 10, I looked forward to it and still am this morning.  That's the magic of Just 10.  Try it.  I promise you'll enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment