This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Saturday, March 6, 2010

Husband's Just 10 and More

Since starting Just 10, I've also re-instituted date night with my significant other. The biggest challenge in my Just 10 plan is giving my husband his daily time. Date night helps me catch up with his Just 10 and a whole lot more.

Despite a lack of funds, that limits some of the date night options, we both really look forward to our time together once a week, away from the kids and the noise. This lack of funds also forces us to be creative and that can translate into having a lot more fun.

This creative piece also helps keep date night fresh. As we spend dedicated time together, I learn things about my husband that I wouldn't know if I didn't make time to focus on him. I discover that the man I assumed I knew changes and grows and there are many things I haven't really known or seen before. I'd like to think that I might just be a wee bit more interesting to him as well.

After 15 years of each others' company during which we have traversed the often muddy and rut-filled road of marriage, it's so nice to look forward to spending time and attention on the one who has been bouncing along in the same vehicle all those years.

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas Carol! I wish you the best in your endeavor to spice up your marriage as well as enrich you and your family's lives.

    ReplyDelete