This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Thursday, August 4, 2011

Think and Walk

Thinking Thursday



(This is Beacon Rock.  It's only about an hour east of us.  There is a trail up to the top. I think I'm happier on safer ground.)

I think I have arthritis in my feet.  They hurt when I walk.  I'm going to walk any way.
I think that it's great that a 70-year old man can pass me on the trail and disappear in the distance ahead of me.
I think that wearing a garbage-bag tunic over your shirt and then jogging may be a bad idea but if you're wearing a garbage-bag tunic and smile at the woman who is just passing you that she may forget about the sweat dripping inside the bag for just a second or two.
I think that some weeds are actually quite lovely.
I think that I would hate the "smell of napalm in the morning" but the smell of compost and wood chips is almost pleasant.

I think that I've always known I was a writer but that I was afraid I wasn't good enough.
I think this was an excuse.
Flaws are more interesting than perfection.
I think being good enough doesn't really matter any more.
I think that being me, being genuine, being honest and being imperfectly perfect does.

I think that I have arthritis in my feet.  They hurt when I walk.  I'm going to walk any way.

2 comments:

  1. Flaws are inherent in all of us...it's called being human. :)
    I have arthritis in my wrist and hip, but I still sew, I still exercise, and I won't give it up.

    You are a good writer, and getting better all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris! I won't give up either. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete