This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cape Disappointment


Image Source Page: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=152564

The word for the day is "disappointment.  This word doesn't begin to capture how I feel.  I feel like a Spartan girl child left alone on a rocky Mediterranean crag as a feast for the vultures.  I watch those that brought me here leave.  Or, maybe, I am lashed to the mast of a rudderless ship.  Across my chest hangs a necklace of rotting albatross.  The tools to free myself lie just beyond my grasp.  If the putrefaction of the rotting albatross doesn't kill me then starvation will.  I can almost smell it now.

Some day I may smile at the cock-eye optimism that brought me to this place.  Right now my lips just want to curl into a snarl.  I tried to walk away this feeling this morning on  a classic Just 10 walk
but disappointment clung to my back like sweat.    As much as I wanted to flush disappointment from my psyche, I learned I had to let it alone. We've made a truce.   It will leave when it's ready and not a moment before. 

Today, I'm going to leave disappointment wrapped around my heart.  It seems to need some comfort and nurturing before it's ready to set out on its own.  How can I deny it what I want most?

No comments:

Post a Comment