This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Monday, July 11, 2011

Serenity NOW

Soothing Sunday.

Initially, I thought that dedicating Sunday as a day of rest would require a lot of hard work and fortitude on my part.  Yesterday, Sunday surprised me by coming in gently and serenely.  I watched Rick Steves on PBS visit the tiniest countries in Europe.  I discovered there really is a Lichtenstein.

Then one of my favorite shows replayed.  I love Art Wolfe's "Travels to the Edge."   Yesterday, he journeyed to the northern islands of Japan.  He visited a monastery where the monks practice a "homemade" religion combining Shintoism and Buddhism.  I loved their creativity in devising a religious system that worked for them.  Wolfe mentions the Japanese art of mixing simplicity with serenity.  Those two concepts framed my day.  Sunday was one of the most relaxing Sunday's I've enjoyed in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment