This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Thursday, July 14, 2011

Walking Together

Thinking Thursday

Today, I did not walk alone.  My daughter accompanied me.  After a warm-up, she wanted to try running.  She ran ahead of me, her thick ponytail swinging rhythmically as she disappeared around a bend. This is how it should be.  We raise our children so they may go off on their own.  It's not yet time for my "little bird" to fly and I am very glad.  She brings an extra dose of sunshine to my life and always will.

Later, when she got tired, she rejoined me.  We walked together.  I shared the names of some of the flowers and plants, passing on a knowledge that was passed on to me.  Then, we talked of happiness and parenting.  We talked about how easy it is repeat the things you hated to hear as a child when you become a parent.  We talked about separating ourselves from the unhappiness of others particularly a parent.  We talked about self-blame and redemption.  We talked about the philosophy of reincarnation and what we'd want to come back as.  We talked of schools and friends and little dead mice. 

It was a very good Thinking Thursday.  My daughter and I spent Just 10 time while getting much needed exercise.  In between the words, we did lots of thinking and feeling.   It was time very well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment