This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Friday, May 7, 2010

Letting Go

This has been a hard week.  It appears that foreclosure is imminent and letting go is hard.  I find myself grieving the loss even before it's actually happened.  Having a head cold and not getting a walk in didn't help matters. What I missed most was the Just 10's with myself and family members.  I squeezed a couple in with my son.  Those times were really the high points of the week and helped me to regain perspective.  Possessions, after all are only possessions, even if that possession is as big as a house.  My family is most important.

Thanks to my family, I am determined to be resilient.  I've been reading Getting Up When Life Knocks You Down by Jerry White.  He says we build our resilience three ways:

                                     Nurturing a positive view of ourselves
                                     Keeping things in perspective
                                     Maintaining a hopeful outlook

What do I have to lose?  It's starting to be a beautiful day outside.  I'm going to spend my Just 10 with myself as I walk to work.    I'm going to practice letting go of what I want to happen.  It's time to accept what is with a hopeful outlook.  I'm moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment