This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Sunday, April 25, 2010

Adventure Sunday



We have a wonderful piece of undeveloped land in our neighborhood. . . well not exactly undeveloped.  It is in transition and we already miss the way it used to be when we first moved here.  Today, I realized that it was way past time to explore it.  When I mentioned the idea to the kids they were very enthusiastic.  Andrew said it would be great to go "adventuring".  And so we did.

We spent our Just 10 today in the company of mother nature and each other.  We saw a wild rabbit, giant bumblebees on wildflowers, lots of interesting birds, (and a lot of interesting big bird poo), a ladybug and a submerged shopping cart that had us playing quite the guessing game until we used the binoculars. 

I felt young again.  That was such a good feeling after last night.   I saw how Patty Duke is looking these days and was shocked.   She looks good just old.   She really isn't that much older than I.  Is she?  When we were preparing for our adventure.  I knelt on the floor and felt the lovely pain of an old knee.  In the company of my children and nature,  I forgot about my knee, the shock of aging.  There was too much to see, too much to discover.

As we walked home,  both children asked if they could do it again soon and I quickly replied "Yes".  Maybe we should make time for a Just 10 adventure every Sunday.  We don't always have to explore the neighborhood field but there is a world out there waiting to be discovered.  We just have to open our eyes and see the world as the young see it.  Adventure is everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment