This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Friday, April 16, 2010

Life Wide Open

Yesterday evening I discovered that I actually have a few readers.  My first response was slight embarrassment.  I have always tended to be a bit of an introvert who keeps a lot to myself so it is a bit ironic that I'm writing about things so close to my heart for all the world to see.  And, yet, starting this Just 10 project and writing this blog has been such a positive experience that not sharing myself and my experiences seems a bit like, "keeping my light under a bushel."

I just started the book, Getting Up When Life Knocks You Down: Five Steps to Overcoming A Life Crisis by Jerry White.   This is a man who isn't "hiding his light."   Jerry stepped on a landmine in Israel and his life has never been the same since.  He is a founder of Survivor Corps and works to end the use of landmines.  He took the lessons life has taught him and the lessons learned from other survivor stories and came up with five steps to overcome a crisis.  Since 5 is half of 10, there seems a mathematical justice in sharing his five steps with you, here at In Just 10

1.  Face Facts. . . be honest with yourself about what's really happened.
2.  Choose Life. . .Daily make the choice to say, "Yes" to the future
3.  Reach Out. . . "Let the people in your life into your life."
4.  Get Moving. . .Take action.
5.  Give Back . . ."Share your experience and your talents."

Just 10 is my way of facing facts, choosing life, reaching out, taking action and giving back.  It's so simple that I'm a little bit embarrassed that I haven't started using it years ago.  Apparently, now is the also the time to share the idea with you.   My life is wide open.

No comments:

Post a Comment