This project's goal is to give each family member and myself just 10 minutes of unconditional positive regard every day. All attention is focused on the other person for those 10 minutes and only positive comments or thoughts are allowed. Just 10 minutes often becomes much more. Try it and see. You'll find the Just 10 guidelines on the right side of this blog.







Monday, April 12, 2010

Living Out Loud

Living out loud and writing a blog isn't difficult when things are going well but it's much harder to share when things are not.  My husband and I have struggled with money issues for several years.  It's been a battle that we now seem to be losing.  Contemplating our limited options and the future is a hard, hard thing to do.

I spend too much time in my own head.  I dodge reality with repetitive computer games, I eat too much as a way to compensate for not having enough and as a way to forget. I understand why I do these things but I still want something more from myself.  The only way to do that is for me to focus on what I can do.   Now is the time when Just 10 becomes most important, when things are hard.  It's important that I spend time with my children and that I'm fully present and not preoccupied with money worries.  It's important that I spend time with my husband so he knows, that for better and for worse, he is not alone.   We're in this together.

Giving up on the Just 10 project might be easy but it would not be the right thing to do.  This is when spending time with my family and giving them unconditional positive regard is the most important.  I can't fix most of the problems that plague us right now but I can still choose how I spend my time and how to show my love.

Love wins out over money any day.  I'm determined to let it win today and in the days ahead.  The Just 10 project is going to help me get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment